When we return from our half term holiday, we will be looking at measures, in particular capacity and mass(weight).
In year 6, children should be able to:
- Convert grams and kilograms and express mass/ weights in both.
- Estimate the approximates mass values of every day objects.
- Read scales, increasing and decreasing accordingly.
- Convert millilitres into litres and gallons and vice versa.
- Estimate the capacity of every day objects.
- Read scales from measuring equipment such as jugs.
In addition, the children need to be able to state common fractions, decimal equivalents and percentages of mass and capacity e.g. 1/2, 1/4, 1/10 , 40%, 75% and remember the correct unit of measure. They must be able to sort and order weights and liquids in order of size.
The children have been given revision sheets to take home for the holiday and will need to bring these in on the first day back. These links may help: